Thursday, October 01, 2009

Musings while bouncing around on a bus-July 2009



Sun is just piercing the veil of darkness, Waking up and stretching while on a Bachelor Express bus from Davao to Tandag, Surigao del Sur. I have been traveling to Tandag for quite a while helping a friend out with his budding business and also starting up a cargo venture. Left Davao at midnight, approximately 5:45 am already, still about 4 hours from my destination.

Thinking of  how long this trip is, so uncomfortable seats, me with my bad back (that’s another story) spotty aircon…at times too cold at times too hot, watching an old man snore with his mouth open across from me, dentures poised to leap to freedom .

Trying not too eat or drink on the bus or stops. The worse part about gorging yourself on a bus is the inevitable rush to the toilet at stops. A sign confronts you “IHI – 2  LIBANG-5 “  if you are out of coins, tough luck. Very few toilets are of acceptable quality, I shudder to remember some of the bowls with large foreign objects floating in them---DON’T PUKE, SERVES YOU RIGHT READING MY BLOG WHILE EATING!!!

Some are just walls with a drain pipe, one was just nothing really nothing just a patch of grass smelling of pee, you pay 2 pesos for this privilege? I am a stickler for bathrooms, I can take faded peeling rooms, sagging beds or frayed bed sheets, but I put my foot down on dirty and filthy toilets.

I can now understand why some people do their dirty business in the water or on the beach, a handful of sand rubbing the s***t off your a**. I am getting pretty yucky about this.

Cant wait to get to Tandag, the beach beckons….





No comments: